Product Return Policy (Effective 02/01/07)
Check out Tech Data's easy-to-use online ASM Tool tool that enables you to obtain a Return Authorization via the Web.
Available On-Line Tools to Help You Manage Your Returns to Tech Data:
- ASM Tool - You can create a Case and perform a Return Request.
- Pending RA Requests - You can locate and view the Return Requests your company created.
- Approved RA Search - You can locate and view your company's Return Authorizations that have been approved by Tech Data within the past 90 days.
- Case Search - You can locate and view the Cases created by Tech Data for any requests made for information or assistance with a product or service.
- Return Guidelines - You can check a product's return eligibility and obtain Vendor contact information.
Information Required to Request a Returns Authorization ("RA"):
To request a Returns Authorization, you will need to provide the following information:
The following search methods will be available to help you locate an invoice so a Return Authorization can be created:
- Tech Data Invoice Number, Order Number or Customer PO Number
- Tech Data Part Number or Manufacturer Part Number
- Reason for Return
- Serial Number (if the product being returned is serialized)
- Invoice Number
- Purchase Order Number
- Serial Number
- Product Number
- Order Number
- Customer PO Number
Hours of Operation:
Tech Data's Online ReturnIT tool is available for your convenience Monday through Saturday, 6:00 a.m. – 12:00 a.m. and Sunday from 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. EST.
Returns Shipping Information:
If the Returns Authorization is approved, once you have obtained the Return Authorization, please return the product with the Return Authorization number on the outside of the shipping box to:
Tech Data Corporation
5104 Liberty Way
Ft. Worth, TX 76177
All product returns must meet Tech Data's return policies in order for Tech Data to issue a Returns Authorization. Provided Tech Data has return rights with its manufacturers/suppliers, Tech Data only accepts the return of products that fall within one of these categories within THIRTY (30) DAYS from the date of Tech Data's invoice:
- Factory Sealed (in fully resellable condition - i.e. no stickers, markings, etc.)
- Defective or Dead on Arrival (DOA)
IF TECH DATA DOES NOT HAVE RETURN RIGHTS TO THE MANUFACTURER,
THE PRODUCT IS NON-RETURNABLE.
Types of returns that you can request from Tech Data After Sales Management:
- Replacement returns of products damaged on arrival (DOA) - If you have a COD account, Tech Data ships the replacement product as soon as the replacement order is placed.
- Cross-Shipment returns of DOA products - If you have a net-terms open account, Tech Data ships the replacement product immediately; you ship the damaged product, and the packages cross in transit.
- Credit returns of undamaged products - Credit returns may be available depending on a variety of conditions. You ship the product; when it is received, Tech Data credits your account. Custom-configured products cannot be returned for credit.
Products returned for any reason other than Dead on Arrival (DOA), Defective, or Open – Non Defective, must be in resalable condition (no stickers, etc.), complete and unused, and the outer seal must not have been opened or re-taped. Product boxes that have been opened or re-taped are not eligible for return and will be refused and returned back to the customer.
All eligible returns will receive a Credit that will be issued at current pricing or original purchase price, whichever is lower, for use toward future purchases.
For your Returns Authorization to be issued and honored, your Accounts with Tech Data must be current.
Products Returned Without a Valid Returns Authorization: Products not authorized for return shall be defined as "overgoods." Overgoods may be returned to you at your expense or Tech Data may, in its sole discretion, issue a credit for the last purchase price, or the current price or the cost of goods less a 30 percent handling fee. Tech Data will not be liable for any loss or damage to overgoods.
Custom Orders/Products Returns Not Allowed: All orders that require configuration or assembly of product to meet customer specifications are non-cancelable and may not be returned to Tech Data. These orders are custom built to meet a specific customer's need and may not be canceled. The customer is responsible for the full payment of the order once a purchase order has been sent to Tech Data.
Additional Products Not Eligible for Returns:
- End-of-Life Products
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Products
Refusal of Orders: Refused orders may be subject to a cancellation fee. Call After Sales Management at 800-237-8931 before refusing any shipment. Failure to call After Sales Management may result in credit refusal, and products will be returned to you at your expense.
For Tech Data to process your return in a timely manner, please review the information and follow the procedures outlined below:
- Use the original manufacturers' boxes and packaging.
- Package all returns to prevent damage in transit.
- Use shipping labels on cartons being returned.
- All returns must have an RA number printed on the return shipping label.
- Do not write addresses or RA numbers on the outside of the manufacturers' boxes. Products must be in resalable condition to receive credit.
- Note store number on return address label.
- All returns must be unused and include all components, accessories, cables, software and manuals in the original shipment.
- All returns must be received by Tech Data within 15 days from the date the RA number is issued. RA numbers are only valid for 15 days.
- Returns must be shipped freight pre-paid.
Provided Tech Data has return rights with its manufacturers/suppliers, Tech Data will accept the return of products as long as the RA is issued within THIRTY (30) DAYS from the date of Tech Data's invoice. Products that are inoperable at first use are eligible for a DOA return depending upon the manufacturer's returns policy. Certain manufacturers may require that all DOA and defective products be returned directly to them, or they may limit the return time frame after purchase.
Manufacturer returns policies are subject to change without notice.
In accordance with manufacturer policies, Tech Data will make reasonable efforts to exchange DOA and defective products. All original packaging, components, accessories, software and manuals must be included with returned DOA and defective products. DOA and defective products returned incomplete may be assessed a charge for the missing items or returned to you at your expense.
If you have a DOA or defective product and are unable to complete the return via our on-line tools, please call our After Sales Management department at 800-237-8931.
Technical Support: When necessary, our Technical Support department will assist you in reviewing the manufacturer's installation procedure to rule out incompatibility. Often, by offering expert technical information, they can help you avoid the time and expense of returning a product.
Provided Tech Data has return rights with its manufacturers/suppliers, Tech Data will accept the return of Sealed Product Returns products as long as they are returned within THIRTY (30) DAYS from the date of Tech Data's invoice.
All products must have been purchased from Tech Data and your account with Tech Data must be current.
To qualify for sealed product returns, products must be in resalable condition in new, clean (without stickers, markings or other attachments), unopened, undamaged, original manufacturer packaging. All products must be returned with all original components, accessories, software, manuals and registration cards.
Non-Compliant Factory Sealed Returns: All factory sealed returns that are not received in resalable condition may be subject to a 30% restocking fee or returned to you at your expense. Credit will be issued at current pricing or original purchase price, whichever is lower, for use toward future purchases.
Discontinued/Obsolete Products: Manufacturers reserve the right to limit factory sealed returns on discontinued items.
In order for Tech Data to process your Freight Damage claim quickly and efficiently:
- Contact Tech Data After Sales Management at 800-237-8931 within 15 Days of the date of delivery to report the claim.
- Provide After Sales Management with condition of the product, contact name and phone number where package is located. (Address must be the same as the address where the product was delivered.)
- UPS/Federal Express should inspect and/or pick up the damaged package, leave a call tag, pick up receipt and return the product back to Tech Data within 3-5 business days. Please keep this receipt for your records in case the product is not returned to Tech Data.
- In the event that the inspection does not take place, or your product is not picked up within 5 business days of your initial call, please contact Tech Data After Sales Management at 800-237-8931.